Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ken & Diane Ramey's Ministry Update #11

The Real Career “Making His Mission Your Mission”
. . . from the hearts of Ken & Diane Ramey


Update #11 Monday, July 13, 2009

Each Monday I try to catch you up on what is happening in our lives. Try to read it all! Feel free to respond back! Give input! Ask questions! Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what God is doing in and through us! (A note from Diane: “We sure do love it when we hear from you!) BTW – Diane wrote a very special “Diane’s Doodlings” near the end of this Update and there is a very special letter from the Luis Palau NGA Association.

“I can't impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple. You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.”
2 Timothy 4:5 THE MESSAGE

We had the joy on Sunday to present our ministry to the congregation of New Life Community Church of Lake Tapps, WA. This is a wonderful group of people led by a true ‘Missional Living” Pastor, Bill Austel, and his precious wife, Heidi. They were “kids” in our youth group in the late 1970’s & early 80’s at Temple Baptist Church in Tacoma, were I was their Word of Life Representative and then their youth pastor. Truly, it is such a joy to be privileged to see ‘your spiritual kids’ grow up to be serving the Lord! I received the following letter from Pastor Bill Austel on Monday, July 13th . . .

“Ken,
Thank you so much for your ministry to us yesterday! It was clear to me that our people were riveted by your testimony and your passion for ministry. I can't thank you enough for sharing your testimony of God's grace and mercy in your life and the way you have chosen to use it for His glory.
The universal message that God would take any one of our lives and, by His grace and mercy, make something of it that He would delight to use for His glory is one that simply must be heard.
Through the course of the day, from our time of worship together to your sharing to the fellowship afterwards, it was clear to see that the people of NLCC have endeared themselves to you and Diane. Thank you for giving our little church the opportunity to share this exciting journey with you and for allowing us to pray over you and the ministry to which God has called you. Serving the King together, Bill ” (Pastor Bill Austel)

Each week, the Lord, through His Word, prayer and the inner ministry of the Holy Spirit, the counsel and encouragement of others, articles and books and ministry opportunities, confirms and renews our passion to the mission and vision to which He had led us! Praise the Lord!!!

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" - Isaiah 6:8, NASB

My prayerfor us all: "Gracious God, our Heavenly Father, we praise You for the great love that You have shown to us through the redeeming death and triumphant resurrection of Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. We pray that You would enable us by the power of Your Holy Spirit to proclaim faithfully the Good News of Your Kingdom and Your Love. Forgive us for failing to take the Gospel to our family, neighbors, co-workers, friends, all we come in contact with and all the peoples of the world. Deliver us from ignorance, error, lovelessness, judgment, pride, selfishness, impurity, and cowardice. Enable us to be loving, truthful, kind, humble, sympathetic, pure, and courageous. Salvation belongs to You, O God, Who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. We ask You to make our Gospel witness effective. Anoint our proclamation with the Holy Spirit; use it to gather all that You already know who will one day stand before You and the Lamb giving praise. This we ask by the merits of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

An email that came today in response to yesterday’s ministry at New Life Community Church: “Hi Ken, I wanted to let you know I was able to relate part of your sermon today to one of (my daughters’) teachers regarding our plan vs God's path. I also really appreciated your open and very honest testimony. I applaud your courage and I know God will use your willingness to be transparent in a way that is amazing. I would still like to sit down with you sometime this week and talk about a few things that are on my mind. Hope you have a great day! John

Just this afternoon Diane ran upstairs to my office where I was ‘cleaning up’ J and said I needed to immediately read an article she had just received as a forward from our dear friend and mentor, Anneli Dietz. I did, and it was a challenge and a blessing: “THE BAIT” by Craig Kinsley. The point of the 6-page article was this … What bait are we using? “What is or is not drawing people to our message of salvation? What bait should we be using? The answer is both quite simple and yet eternally complicated. Love is the answer. Not a manmade love, but Divine Love. A Love that should be pursued because it is not natural. A Love that Jesus displayed in such a way that the hardest of hearts could be turned to Home. A Love that was demonstrated through a variety of miracles, signs and wonders. A Love that broke circumstances and excavated the Divine purpose buried deep within the human heart. Simply showing someone their sin doesn’t change them. Showing them the way of Love and Life will change the world.” If you would like me to forward the entire article, please reply and I’m happy to!

Leonard Ravenhill made this plea many years ago . . . “The attitude of the average Christian today is relax and be raptured. But He (Jesus) is coming… and when God gets angry you’ve no idea what it is. Like a thousand volcanoes exploding. He has appointed a day in which He is going to judge the world and the poor blind world doesn’t know much about it and the poor blind church doesn’t think much about it now.”

I came upon a wonderful website with it’s motto, “To inspire in every Christian a God-glorifying passion to fulfill the great commission.” http://www.livingwaters.com/ This site is filled with lots of excellent information and passion, but I would like you to watch the “Weekly Witnessing” clip (2nd one down) and let me know any thoughts you might have. At this time in my evangelistic journey, I struggle with this kind of witnessing. There are a few words the ‘victim’ said that, I believe, might show us why a ‘missional living’ lifestyle could be the best way to win people to Christ.

Diane’s Doodlings - - -
We think it is important for you to hear from me each update as well. One of the questions I get a lot is, “How are you, Diane, in all of this?” People want to know how I am feeling about living by faith, how I am about a possible necessary move, is my faith being tested, and what I REALLY think about this new vision/ministry that Maverick Evangelist Ken Ramey is embarking on. In case any of you want to know the answer to any of those questions….here it is! How am I? I am THRILLED beyond any words I can express of watching my husband come back to life and us being back about The Father’s Business! The stage is set…we are on the brink of eternity….there is nothing else either of us desire other than obeying The Master and His Call on our lives. He called us out when we were newlyweds to be employed by Him full time. We have had some HUGE bumps on our 40 year journey together….some daunting negative schooling straight from the Father’s Hands…requiring us to be put on the shelf for a time. We embrace those “bumps” that satan meant for evil….but God meant for our good! Hallelujah! We praise Him for every jolt…each one had a purpose! Independently, I was praying that the Lord would reveal to Ken when it was time to jump off that shelf. There were times we thought that moment might never arrive again in our lives. But there was a confidence buried deep within me that believed He was NOT done with us in His Service….but it was more important that Ken believed that. So I prayed earnestly for a year, not sharing my prayer with Ken. Then one day, while Ken was working, he txt me saying God was speaking to Him….and I replied…”Are you listening?” and he answered, “YES!” I knew then that God was beginning to answer my prayer. Wow! What a vision God implanted in Ken! Could it be more timely, considering where we find our world today? All I can do is marvel at His Great Love and be so very grateful that He bent His Ear to my prayer and gave me audience. How He accomplishes His Purpose through us via this new ministry and passion He has laid on my husband’s heart is not my business. It is the Lord’s! My job is to support Ken, knowing with every fiber of my being, this new vision/ministry that He is setting out before us, is clearly His “orders” (job) for us and we cannot….MUST NOT….do anything less but follow His Leading. Oh sure! I am human! I have A LOT of questions, musings, worries, fears and wonderings. But at the same time, I have such peace, joy and contentment that passes all understanding, that we ARE in the Center of His Will…..and we don’t want to be anywhere else! We don’t dare! The question about “living by faith” is not a new term for us. We have been doing that most of our married lives, really! So….when my faith is weak, God allows me to watch as He honors my husbands STRONG faith in God’s Provision for us….and I find myself, it seems, continually asking God to forgive me again for my doubting Him! Yes…my faith gets stretched and at times I feel tested….I ask “what about the bills, Lord?”….. asking the Lord…..”What? Are you really going to make this 60 year old couple move AGAIN?”…..but none of those earthly questions diminish the Peace He has given me to support my husband in being obedient to His Call….with my whole heart….I am there! I don’t need to know the why’s, and how’s and wherefore’s. God will do it! Some of His Provision will be through His People….because I believe God still moves in the hearts of His People. Some will be miraculous gifts from where….we know not! There will be lean times…..and doing without. We are acquainted with that. Some times we will viewed as “worthy of our hire”. The earthly circumstance does not alter our Heavenly Call. So will you please pray for us that as we seek Him with our whole hearts and follow His Call, and as we fight like the rest of you against the spiritual principalities of the air, please pray that we will remain strong in The Lord and that He will bless our endeavors to restore, in these (surely) last days, evangelism in our churches and abroad.
Opps! I was asked to be pithy! I guess I am not good at being pithy. Ken knew that! I am wondering why he asked me to try and do that! J I know! To keep you all from eye strain! Too late, I know! J I hope that clears up for all who are wondering how I am “feeling” about this new venture in our lives. We both feel like we had at least one more great adventure in us….He surely called us….so we can be confident….HE WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF US! He always has! Until next time…..May Jesus Christ Be Praised. Hey! We are praying for you! Believe it!
Always Looking Up…..Diane

A Letter from “NGA” – Luis Palau’s Next Generation Alliance

Ken,
As Director of the Next Generation Alliance, it has been my privilege to read and evaluate your application for membership with NGA. We want to commend you on your godly character your passion for Christ, and your desire to be a part of a fellowship of Evangelists.
After assessing the information that you have provided regarding your vision for ministry, it is obvious that you have a heart for evangelism. At this time, I would like to extend to you the opportunity to become one of our member evangelists. This position enables you to use our logos and communicate to your constituency that you are a member evangelist with the Luis Palau Association and NGA. As a member, your name/organization will be listed on the NGA website and be linked to your website (if applicable). You will also receive all current information on meetings, conferences and collaborative festivals.
As a member evangelist, we ask that you please comply with the Membership Agreement that you have already read and signed. Also, please feel free to contact us with any questions you many have.
Every blessing to you,

Dr. Tim Robnett Kevin Palau
Director, Next Generation Alliance Executive Vice President, Luis Palau Association


Evangelist Ken & Diane Ramey
Home address:
14400 SE 270th Pl
Kent, WA 98042 Phone: 425-495-3723

No comments:

Post a Comment